Summary of the Support Agent's Role
The Restigouche CBDC is delivering this project at the local level in partnership with local organizations that are members of the Community Futures Network of Canada (CBDCs in Atlantic Canada, SADCs in Québec, CFDCs in Ontario and CFs in Western Canada) and other partners in each Canadian province.
Each local organization has designated one employee to act as the SUPPORT AGENT for the project with participating businesses.
REsponsibilities of the Support Agent
- Review all program materials to ensure understanding of the research project activities
- Recruit two small manufacturing SMEs
- Act as an interface between the project staff and the participating SMEs, ensuring efficient and ongoing communications among those involved locally
- Coordinate, in collaboration with each business’s contact person and the project staff, a variety of research activities in the workplace, including:
- Business Information Form
- Initial Interview
- Employee List
- Schedule of Employee Assessment Sessions
- Employer Survey
- Participate in an in-person Dissemination Seminar at the end of the project